1, 2, and 2A North Place
No. 1 North Place is the large house on the right of this photograph (two windows wide with a central front door). The two houses next to it are very narrow (each just one window wide). They are numbered (right to left) 2A and 2.
All three houses are on different levels. No. 1 was built first, probably around 1690, as it has a blocked-up window in the loft on the east side. They were described thus by the Royal Commission on the Historical Monuments of England, published in 1939:
(270) Cottage on the S. side of North Place, 300 yards S.S.E. of the church, is of two storeys with attics; the walls are of rubble and the roofs are slate-covered. It was built probably in the 17th century and has some battened doors of that date.
(271) Cottages, immediately E. of (270), are of similar character and were built probably early in the 18th century.
The houses are hard to identify in the nineteenth-century censuses.
1 North Place
This was occupied by William Trevor Jones in 1935, by Tom Hayward in 1936, by Percy R. Boyles in 1945, and by Robert Sidney Pearce Bobby in 1949.
Mrs Bicknell is listed here from 1952 to 1970, and John B. Leach from 1972 to at least 1976.
2 North Place
This was occupied by Mrs Morgan in 1935 and 1936 and by John Morgan from at least 1945 to 1964. Ellen Green lived here from 1967 to at least 1976.
2A North Place
This was occupied by Mrs Louch in 1935 and 1936, and Malcolm Andrew Fyfe in 1945. There is no listing for this house in the 1949 and 1956 directories. Miss C. Renfrew was here from 1958 to 1964, and Pamela Lumley in 1966. C. E. Renfrew lived here from 1967 to at least 1976.