Shark

Headington history: Shops

Go backwards
Go forwards

103 London Road


103 London Road


No. 103 London Road was rebuilt in the early 1960s.

103 London Road in the 1920s

The previous building on this site was built as a shop with one floor of accommodation above in about 1924. It was numbered 25 London Road until 1933. The picture on the right dating from the mid-1920s shows the former shop on this site when it was newly built and occupied by the carrier/garage proprietor Reginald Griffin.

103 London Road (formerly 25 London Road)

1927–1930

Reginald Griffin, carrier

1935–1947

Central Garage (Reginald Griffin, proprietor)

1952–1962

Private house

Reginald P. Walker (1952)
Desmond H. Neil (1954)
Alfred B. Chester
(1956)
No listing in 1958
William R. Bowell (1960)
No listing in 1962 (probably being rebuilt now)

1964–1996

Trustee Savings Bank

1995–2004

Lloyds TSB Bank (left vacant afterwards)

2007–present

Ladbroke’s Betting Shop

© Stephanie Jenkins

Headington home Shark Oxford History home