Shark

Headington history: Shops

Go backwards
Go forwards

93–95 London Road


93-95 London Road, August 2007

Nos. 93 and 95 London Road were built as a pair of shops with two floors of accommodation above in about 1924.

Until 1933, they were numbered 15 and 17 London Road. The picture below shows this pair of shops in the mid-1920s when they were newly built:

93-95 London Road in 1920s

Brambles on the left has been sold and is due to move out at the end of November 2013

 

93 London Road
(formerly 15 London Road)

95 London Road
(formerly 17 London Road)

1925–1926

?

Barclays Bank

1927

Arnold George Vallis
Music Stores

1928–1933

T. Byard & Sons
Fishmongers

1934–1947

William Smith
Initially Draper & motor coach agency here,
with his boot repair shop
at 101 London Road.
Then he was a Boot repairer here

Later
W.D. Smith & Sons
“high-class shoe retailers & repairers,
wool, haberdashery”

1952–1954

Thomas Edward Pateman
Fish, game, & poultry dealer

1956–1970+

Allen’s Self-Service Stores

1976–1983+

Lesandon Discount Stores

c.1995–2013

Brambles

Pen to Paper

2013–2016

Oxford Furniture Warehouse

2016–present

Vacant

© Stephanie Jenkins

Headington home Shark Oxford History home