Wood Farm School
The Wood Farm housing estate was built in 1953.
The junior school for 320 pupils opened on a six-acre site in Titup Hall Drive in April 1955. As soon as that had been completed, work began on the adjoining infants' department for 240 pupils, and this opened in September 1956.
The school, originally known as Wood Farm Junior Mixed School, catered for children on the Wood Farm and Town Furze estate.
The infants were originally in what is now the Joan Lawrence Building, and the juniors in the Mary Bews building. When in 1975 Oxford adopted a three-tier system of comprehensive education, the infant school became Shotover Way First School, and the juniors Forresters First School.
in 1980 the two first schools amalgamated to become Wood Farm First School for children aged 5 to 9.
In 1983 the Slade Nursery transferred from the Slade to the Joan Lawrence building,
In 1991 Wood Farm Community Centre was created by extending the office accommodation in the Mary Bews building.
In September 2003 Oxford reverted to a two-tier system of education, and the school became Wood Farm Primary School, again taking children from 5 to 11.
The school has been largely rebuilt since 2011.