St Anne’s School (Mrs Steenbuck's School)
Mrs Elisabeth Cecilie Henriette Steenbuck (or Steenbuch) and her husband the Revd Hans Thomas Christian Steenbuck came to live in St Anne's Road in Headington in 1925. Their house was then numbered 4, but is likely to have been the present No. 8.
Her husband died there at the age of 50 on 1 December 1926, and his effects came to £2,053 6s. 4d.
From 1931 Mrs Steenbuck taught at Miss Steff's School in Old Headington, but by 1935 she had opened her own school here at 8 St Anne’s Road in Quarry parish. This was a private school for about 30 children aged between 5 and 14.
The school survived until 1945.
The first mention of St Anne's Road in Kelly's Directory is in 1911, but the school is not listed until 1935. This suggests that the school was named after the road, rather than vice versa as has been suggested.