North end of New High Street
This photograph shows New High Street looking south in about 1910. Most of the houses have changed little, although the first house on the right now sports a shark
The house nextdoor to the shark (No. 4) was occupied by the prolific Victorian novelist Henrietta Keddie in the 1890s. Despite being a village high street, it looks very quiet in the older picture: this is probably because the focus of New Headington village had already moved to Lime Walk, along with its church.