3 Larkin’s Lane
3 Larkin’s Lane dates from the early eighteenth century. It originally was just one-storey high; the top floor was added a hundred years later. Along with its neighbours, it was part of the estate that belonged to The Grange on the other side of the road in the nineteenth century.
This lane and St Andrew’s Lane were both simply known as Church Lane until the twentieth century, and the houses are hard to identify in the censuses.
Miss Ada Pratt lived here from at least 1930 to 1936.
By 1945 the house was occupied by Frederick Edwards, and he was listed here in Kelly's Directory until 1976.