1 & 2 Larkin’s Lane
No. 1 Larkin’s Lane is on the left of this pair of cottages, and No. 2 on the right. They were built in the early eighteenth century, and was described thus by the Royal Commission on the Historical Monuments of England, published in 1939:
(277) Cottage, Nos. 1 and 2 on the W. side of Larkins Lane 135 yards N.E. of the church, is of two storeys with cellars and attics; the walls are of stone and the roofs are slate-covered. It was built in the 17th century but No. 2 has been largely reconstructed. Condition—Good.
This lane and St Andrew’s Lane were both simply known as Church Lane until the twentieth century, and the houses are hard to identify in the censuses. In the nineteenth century were part of the estate that belonged to the Grange on the other side of Larkin’s Lane.
1 Larkin's Lane
In 1930 this house was occupied by Robert John Sugar, who was still there in 1966.
2 Larkin's Lane
Ernest Phillips is listed at this house in Kelly's Directory from 1930 to 1936
Edward George Jones is listed here from 1945 to 1967.
William Berry is listed here from 1968 to 1976.