Shark

Headington history: Listed Buildings/Structures

Go backwards
Go forwards

Britannia Inn, Lime Walk


The Britannia

List entry for the Britannia: 1047205

The Britannia on the corner of Lime Walk and London Road was built as a coaching inn, and is shown on Davis’s 1793–4 map of Headington: Its original name was the White House. It probably dates from the time the London Road was cut through fields in the 1770s.

More details about the Britannia in the Pub History section

© Stephanie Jenkins

Headington home Shark Oxford History home