St Andrew’s Road
The postcard above shows St Andrew’s Road, looking west. The photograph was taken before June 1905, when the card is postmarked.
The first house on the right of the picture is No. 3, followed by a detached house (No. 5), and a pair of semis (7 & 9). On the other side of St Andrew’s Lane is St Andrew’s Church.
The side of the house with a slate roof at the east end of the row of thatched cottages can be seen above. Much of its side is preserved in the new cottage built on that site, but it is obscured by trees in the photograph of the same scene in 2011 (left)