Old High Street, looking south
The above picture, which dates from about 1905, is taken from outside the old Black Boy, whose outbuilding can be seen behind the famous old elm on the left. Then come Linden cottages (demolished in 1908), and then a private house called The Lindens (now known as The Priory).
On the right, the Post Office on the corner of St Andrew’s Road is just visible.
The same postcard is shown below in a tinted version