Methodist Chapel, New High Street
The postcard above shows the west side of New High Street, just to the north of Bateman Street, before 1906.
The New Headington village Methodist Chapel, built in 1888/9 at a cost of £362 12s. 4d., was opened on 18 March 1889. It became the church hall when Lime Walk Methodist Church opened in the early 1930s.
The shop several doors up from the chapel at No. 24 survived as a grocer’s shop with Mr Schofield in charge until the 1950s, but has now been converted into flats.