Shark

Headington history: Old postcards

Go backwards
Go forwards

Main Headington crossroads, looking south


Looking down Windmill Road

Crossroads looking south today

The postcard above, looking down Windmill Road from the main Headington crossroads, dates from around 1915, the year the new central post office to the right of the picture was built.

The former post office building was demolished in the 1980s to make way for the building now occupied by Caffè Nero, but the former 1892 Co-op building with the clock on the eastern side of the Windmill Road looks much as it does today.

© Stephanie Jenkins

Headington home Shark Oxford History home