Shark

Marston history: Listed buildings

Go backwards 
Go forwards

Footstone in churchyard (George Dew)


Headstone
Photographed on 18 February 2006

Footstone (Grade II listed, List reference No. 1284776), about five metres south of the Church of St Nicholas, Old Marston.

This headstone is made of limestone and its accompanying headstone is a separate listed structure.

The inscription on this footstone (kindly supplied by the Oxfordshire Family History Society) reads:

G D
DYED IN YE
7[2] YEARE OF
HIS AGE A Do
1670

“Gorg Dew” is recorded in the burial register of St Nicholas Church as having been buried in the churchyard on 25 August 1670.

© Stephanie Jenkins

Headington home Shark Oxford History home